25% of the funds raised from the Walk With Me mentoring programmes go to towards Nyasha’s Vana Trust charity.
To raise additional monies for the charity, Nyasha is embarking on an intrepid fundraising journey across Zimbabwe at the end of May 2017. The objective is to raise money as well as awareness of the work Vana Trust has been doing across the world in its 13 years of existence.
On this 225 km long venture, Nyasha will be joined by Liam Garcia of the Long Well Walk, Thandi Haruperi and John Usher – friends and co-walkers of the first WALK WITH ME event in 2014 along the Thames – the inspiration for Nyasha’s first book – Walk With Me.
The walk will pass through 10 schools (primary and secondary) and Nyasha will take this opportunity to inspire the school children by telling her story (starting with £800 and creating a successful social entrepreneurship), highlighting the importance of education and encouraging the startup of social enterprises to help their community as well as themselves.
Nyasha would like to encourage you to join her on this walk of inspiration and fundraising. You can help by:
- Walking with Nyasha in Zimbabwe. Contact Nyasha to find out where she is going to be.
- Sharing stories of your walks around the world that you are taking part in between 29th May and 9th June. Use #WalkWithNyasha on social media
- Share stories of how you have been inspired on our social media accounts
- Donate funds to Vana Trust on our Just Giving Page.
The funds raised will…
- Provide St. David’s school in Zimbabwe with a Science Lab and repair a borehole for both schoolchildren and villagers to have access to clean water
- Allow us to build a field shelter for the animals at Vana Trust Organic Farm in England. The Vana Trust Organic Farm provides opportunities for people with learning disabilities, autism and mental health issues to develop new skills, gain confidence, improve physical fitness and reduce feelings of anxiety, tension and isolation by working on the farm.